Latest from Facebook
12 hours ago
Our main image this week shows Manchester United winger George Best receiving the prestigious Ballon d’Or trophy for being European Footballer of the Year.
The date is April 1969, just before the league match against Burnley which the Red Devils won 2-0. Best was on the scoresheet along with an own goal from Colin Waldron! ... See MoreSee Less
iNostalgia is an independent publishing company dedicated to bringing the local past to life through social media, books, online magazines and events.
Pedestrians avoid the trams as they carefully make their way over the tracks and cobbles in the middle of the busy thoroughfare, Oldham Street 1900!
@McrHistory @Manchesterpast @McrFinest @mirrorpix
- Achieving Women
- Grab a bargain at Shudehill book stall
- Manchester soldier meets American ally at Anzio during WW2
- Best Ballon D’Or 1969
- Liverpool Metropolitan Cathedral 1967
- Corrie Humour Quiz
- Billy Fury
- Farnworth-born football hero Alan Ball in action
- Summerbee Testimonial
- Chancellor out canvassing for February ’74 General Election